To do around the house and in El Portet.
Around the house.
Apart from swimming in the pool and having barbecues, the house has plenty of books, board games and if you want to escape the midday sun, a flat screen TV, DVD and a Wii console. The bay of El Portet is only a 5 minute walk away and so is the start of the walk up to Cap d'Or, an 18th century fortress that served as a lookout point to protect the town from pirates. From the top you will have fantastic views both over Moraira and the other side of the peninsula. Snorkling; click the map below to see the depths you can expect just off the beach. Find out more about El Portet restaurants HERE.
El Portet pictures:
There is a nice coastal pavement from El portet that will take you to Moraira town in 15 minutes on foot. Only two decades ago Moraira was a tiny fishing village, today it is a thriving town with an excellent infrastructure, several beaches and plenty of restaurant and bars.
- You can search through Moraira restaurants HERE (all 95 of them).
- The local market is on Fridays, located by the mini-amusement park.
- Watch a video about Moraira below.
A car ride away
- Our favourite towns for a night of tapas bar hopping:
- Valencia. Spain's third largest town, 800,000 inhabitants, 1.5 hours drive.
- Alicante. Beautiful port town, 300,000 inhabitants, 1 hour drive.
- Golf (see graph below)
- Water parks & Zoos:
- Aqualandia (see video below).
- Mundomar zoo.
- Bioparc zoo.
- Oceanografic marine park,
- Terramitica theme park.
- Nature parks, caves and much more HERE.
- Paramount Park (not yet opened).
- Jump on the ferry to Ibiza.
- Take a boat trip down the longest subterranean river in Europe: La Vall d'Uixo.
- Swim in the hot springs of Montanejo.