To do around the house and further afield.
Around the house you will find:
- Games. There are both outdoor games (e.g. Kubb) and board games in the house. As well as Xbox, PS3 and 100s of DVDs and books English & Swedish).
- Fishing. You are welcome to borrow fishing rods and use our rowing boat.
- Walks. There are several nice walks lasting between 20 mins to 2 hours.
- Hot-tub. The wooden hot tub seats around 6 comfortably in 37 degree water.
- Bakery. A cosy little bakery in Stavsnäs village that also does food and pub evenings. Read MORE.
Pictures from around the house:
- Sandhamn, a lovely sandy island an hour's ferry ride away, with three great restaurants and a lot happening in summer. Read MORE.
- Restaurants. Some of our favourites are: Sjöboden, Motorverkstan, Strömma krog, Bullandö krog, Malma Kvarn.
- Golf. Read MORE
- Other islands. Video
- Värmdö tourist information: http://www.svetur.se/en/varmdo/
Pictures from around Värmdö:
A car ride away
- Stockholm. Read MORE.
- Skansen. Read MORE.
- Birka Viking museum. Read MORE
- Drottningholm Palace. Read MORE.
- Vasa Museum (recommended!) Read MORE.
- Gröna Lund amusement park. Read MORE.
Video giving you a quick tour of the capital Stockholm: